Installation and Configuration Tutorial for the ALR plugin
Make sure your site meets all requirements.
- Joomla 2.5.11
- Virtuemart 2.0.20b with rating and review system enabled.
- PHP 5.3 +
- Apache 2.2 +
- MySQL 5.1 +v
- jQuery 1.8.3
- Browser compatibility: Firefox (>4), Chrome (>25), Safari (>4), IE (>8)
Please make sure you're using jQuery 1.8.3 on your site and that no jQuery clashes occur (e.g. by loading jQuery multiple times)
This manual assumes that Joomla and Virtuemart 2 are already installed, and that all requirements are met.
- In the Joomla backend, click on Extensions -> Install Extensions ,
- choose the file to upload and click Install
- Since this is a Plugin, it needs to be activated. Go to Extensions -> Plugins, filter for vmcustom plugins and activate the ALR Plugin.
Creating a custom field in VirtueMart
You need to do this only once
- In the Virtuemart backend, click on Products -> Custom fields.
- Click on Newand use these settings:
- Custom Field Type : Plug-ins
- Title : Enter your title
- Published : Yes
- Cart attribute : Yes
- Select a Plugin : Choose 'VMCustom - ALR' from the list
- Now click on 'Save' to save your custom field.
Adding the ALR custom field to a product
Repeat this step for every product for which you wish to display the ALR.
- Click on Products and choose a product that you want to assign the ALR to.
- Click on the Tab called 'Custom Fields' and choose your custom field (the one you created in step 2.) from the 'Custom Field Type' List.
- Click on 'Save' to save your product and take a look at the product in the frontend.
If your product has no ratings yet, the ALR won't display. As soon as the product gets its first rating, you will see the rating appear as stars.
Hover these stars and you'll see a nice popup with more information, i.e how many people voted 5 stars, 4stars etc.