|Other for VM | Joomla! Extensions for VM||Andrew Patton|
|VirtueMart Full Category List Menu Module Hot||Module|
|Views:||Hits: 22192||License:||GPLv2 or later|
|Date Added:||Date added: 2009-09-04 15:23:28|
VirtueMart Full Category List Menu Module is a Joomla module that can display the entire category structure of your virtuemart store, including all levels of subcategories, as a fully CSS customizable structured unordered list. As of version 1.1.0 (April 27, 2010), you can now specify any range of category levels that you wish to display (i.e., top-level only, 2nd to 4th level, etc).
The output is modeled on the Tree List output of the extended menu joomla module (like the "Flat List" output of the default Joomla menu module). The list could be styled, for example, like the Son of Suckerfish css dropdown menu or as a site map. It is comparable to the Phoca VirtueMart Category List Module, though this module is not limited to only the root categories.
Release notes for version 1.2.0 (2012-07-26):
• Major update: the module is now VirtueMart 2.x and Joomla 2.x compatible
• Added a much-requested feature to make it possible to filter the menu by the current category, so that the menu can “follow” the user as they drill down through your web shop’s categories
For version 1.1.1c (2012-01-30):
• Very minor update: added category ID into CSS class for links so they can be individually styled if necessary
For version 1.1.1 (2010-05-25):
• Minor update: added parameter to select a category to display (w. subcategories, if applicable), and fixed a very small bug in the helper functions.
• A couple minor fixes (see changelog)
For version 1.1.0 (2010-04-27):
• SEF url support has been improved (uses very robust logic to determine the best Itemid to use for each link, which is what determines how your SEF urls will appear).
• The module has been refactored to use the standard J!1.5 MVC structure, and the html it outputs can now be overridden by a template output override.
• New features of this version include the option to control what levels the menu displays (i.e., top-level only, 2nd to 3rd level, etc), the order to display (either the order specified in the backend or alphabetical) and whether to show only published or all categories.
------ 1.2.0 Stable [2012-07-26] ------
^ Refactored code base to use the VirtueMart API and to be compatible with VM 2.x and Joomla 2.x
+ Added option to filter the menu by the current category when applicable
+ Added support for tracking active category throughout category hierarchy, when applicable
------ 1.1.1c Stable [2012-01-30] ------
- Added category ID into CSS class for links so they can be individually styled if necessary
------ 1.1.1 Stable [2010-05-25] ------
- Added parameter to select a category to display (w. subcategories, if applicable)
- Fixed very small bug in helper.php, vmFCLGetVMItemId() function
- Minor fix to now strips slashes to prevent ' from appearing in category names (v1.1.1b)
------ 1.1.0 Stable [2010-04-27] ------
- Added parameter to control the order categories are displayed with
- Added parameters to control what category levels are output (all categories, only top-level, 2nd through 4th level, etc)
- Added parameter to display only published categories or all categories
- Changed logic for finding a categories itemid to make it much more robust (for SEF urls)
- Changed module structure: refactored it to use J!1.5 MVC structure (allowing for template output overrides)
- Fixed bug that caused a PHP fatal error when no other VM module is published on the site
------ 1.0.1 Stable [2009-10-09] ------
- Changed the module to use UTF-8 encoding (for international language support)