Name the Price
This is a Virtuemart 2 plugin that lets the user add a custom amount to the price of a product. It will display an input box next to the "Add to Cart" button:
Typical use cases are:
- Let users add a custom donation amount the product's price
- Let a user completely define the price of a product
Configuration & How the plugin works
First, install the plugin with Joomla's extension manager. It will automatically be enabled.
Now, set up a Custom Field ("Products" -> "Custom Fields"):
- Create a new field (the green + button in the top right corner)
- Select "Plug-ins" as Custom Field Type
- Enter the title (will be shown in front of the price input box)
- Set "Cart Attribute" to "Yes"
- Select "VM Donation" as the plugin
Now you can add this custom field to any product you like:
- Open the product in the VirtueMart backend, go to the "Custom Fields" tab and add the field you just created. There are no further settings for this plugin needed.
- To sell a product with a fixed price and an optional additional donation, simply set the price for the product and add this custom field.
- To let the user completely specify the price of a product, set the product's price to 0.00001 (not 0, since then no "Add to cart" button will be displayed!) and add this custom field.
- The product page will now display an entry box, where the user can enter the donation amount they want to add to the product price:
- The cart (and the order confirmation and the invoice) will also display the donation amount that the user entered:
Very happy with this extension, thank you. Simple to set up and even works when changing currencies. Also used it to set up a quoted service item where the total could be entered into the box, instead of the cumbersome process of increasing the single units to total the amount paid.Alison Effting
This basic extension is easy to install and configure. It does exactly what the developer states. I'm happy and impressed.David Lawson