The VirtueMart Cart Saver plugins extends VM with the ability to save your shoppers cart. The shopper can manage his saved carts to have the additional feature to re-use saved carts or purchase on another date of his choice. Specific cart data as product customfield values are saved to the database as well.
- Install the plugin with the Joomla Extension Manager
- Browse Joomla extensions > Manage, filter by name Cart saver - store and reuse carts or filter by type: vmextended
- Enable the Cart saver plugin
HOW TO USE
- Browse Joomla administration, choose the Menu items
- Create new menu item, select type System links > external URL
- Name the menu entry
- Insert in Link field
- Browse your store frontend, in main menu find new item My stored carts, if this is a new installation, there will be nothing to display, create a new saved cart first.
- Login and add a product to cart, browse to cart view.
- At the bottom below the cart content you find new fields and call to action buttons. (Cart name, Note, Save Cart) if there are already saved carts present an additional button Save new cart instance appears.
- Fill it up with some content and hit the Save Cart button.
- Browse your menu item My stored carts
- Cart saver view
- Update cart saver content - saves cart to the cartsaver entry
- Date cart content - saves cartsaver to the cart
- Preview - Show content of stored cart
- a) Rename and b) change comment of the entry
- Product quantity total (not editable)
- Product total (not editable)
- Delete this cart saver entry